- Place the unit on a level surface. Pour Approximately 9 quarts of water into the water pan. You can add an additional 2 quarts when ot using the juice pan. DO NOT OVERFILL & DO NOT USE BOILING WATER. Warm to hot tap water is recommended.
- Turn the switch to "ON" and set the thermostat control to "HIGH" until steam is generated. Normal heat up time can run up to 30 minutes. Using hot tap or warm water will reduce heat up time.
- Once the machine begins to steam place hot dogs on the top or bottom hot dog shelf. Arrange the hot dogs so that there is free circulation of steam. A full load of REFRIGERATED hot dogs will take approximately 45 minutes to reach serving temperature.
- After the dogs are brought up to serving temperature, turn the knob to a 3 or 4 setting and add the buns to the wire rack in the bun compartment. One can control the steam in the bun compartment by opening the water fill compartment at the front of the bun compartment.
- To hold the product, set the thermostat control at setting 3 or 4.
- Keep the door closed when not serving.
- Add water as it becomes necessary to maintain the water level. (Add hot water for best results.) There is a low water level indicator on the front of the machine. When the light comes on, add water. To avoid damage do not let the machine run while low or out of water.
DO NOT ALLOW THE UNIT TO OPERATE DRY OR LOW ON WATER; THIS MAY DAMAGE THE HEATING ELEMENT. ADD WATER WHEN REQUIRED.
- Turn the machine to "OFF" and disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
- Remove any remaining hot dogs and buns.
- Allow the machine to cool and then drain the water using the drain cap at the front of the machine.
- Wipe down the inside of the machine and flush clean water through the base.